Dr. Joseph Metet
The office of the Registrar (Planning and Development) is responsible for the coordination and implementation of all the planning and development aspects of the University. The Planning and Development sub-division of the University is expected to establish and maintain workable systems for regular monitoring and evaluation of the performance, quality, relevance and efficiency of all planning and development programmes. It reviews the existing and develops new physical programmes based on established needs. Further, the office of the Registrar (Planning and Development) is mandated to:
• Coordinate and monitor physical infrastructure planning and development, maintenance and repair of existing facilities;
• Work closely with the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance, Planning and Development) in ensuring that the planning and development departments operate effectively and efficiently and are in line with the vision and mission of the University ;
• Coordinate the development of the Master Plan and procurement plans;
• Coordinate performance contracting, measurement and monitoring, strategic planning and ISO certification;
• Design and conduct surveys to obtain feedback from key stakeholders such as students, staff, alumni, research partners, public and private sector on satisfaction levels, service standards and educational needs;
• Generate comparative data on institutional performance in other Universities and s within the region and globally for the purposes of facilitating benchmarking of performance.
Beside the performance of these duties, the Registrar (Planning and Development) is expected to sit and contribute to management board meetings.