Welcome to the South Eastern Kenya University (SEKU). SEKU offers you opportunities aimed at providing you with an environment in which to grow and realize your full potential as well as the esteem and responsibility with which being a member of the University carries with it. Our location in a serene and quiet environment enables our students to study with the peace of mind required for success in their studies.
Our core mandate is to play a leading role in the development and expansion of opportunities for learning and research in Agriculture, Forestry, Mining, Energy, Water and Environmental Sciences in arid and semi-arid lands.
The Academic Division under the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic, Research & Student Affairs) offers competitive academic programmes approved by Senate developed by well trained experts in the relevant fields bearing in mind current world trends in technology and globalization. The office of Dean of students will ensure that as a matter of policy, student welfare is always taken into consideration in all University College operations.
- All Academic matters : under the office of the Registrar (Academic Affairs)
- Research and Innovation, Consultancy, Community Service/Extension, Technology Transfer and Linkages: under the Directorate of Research and Extension
- Student Matters :under the Dean of Students
To impart the highest possible academic and social values to our graduates, demonstrating professionalism, responsiveness, quality, accountability, expertise and excellence.
To offer relevant, accessible, quality and market-driven academic programmes and services developed through innovative and creative research and community involvement that assist students in achieving their academic goals and preparing for career and life successes beyond the classroom.
- To provide guidelines on academic strategy and planning, educational policy and provisions.
- To guide the University’s emerging trends in higher education nationally, regionally and globally.
- To play a unifying role in supporting the University core business of teaching, learning and research.
- To provide services to students, both prospective and current, in support of their student career.
- To enhance and establish a procedure and examination execution that is effective in order to create a continuous evaluation system that is efficient, systematic and transparent.
- To enhance the teaching, learning and research facilities in the lecture halls and laboratories with the latest infrastructure to create conducive teaching, learning and research h environment.
- To provide student success through excellence in teaching and learning, innovation, discovery, creativity. Civic engagement, diversity and inclusiveness.
- To direct constructive change in the delivery and implementation of academic programmes in response to the needs of the students and employers in the twenty first century.
- To manage, administer and establish the student admission system to ensure that the University will be able to obtain excellent students in order to produce high quality and competitive graduates.
- To manage the graduation process for the students who complete their studies successfully.
- To oversee the overall administration
- To coordinate the administration of the halls of residence including off-campus accommodation.
- To co-ordinate all research activities in the University including the provision of potential research funding agencies and development of research proposals.
- To facilitate establishment and sustaining of all collaborations with relevant partners.
- To co-ordinate students’ union elections and register clubs and societies and monitor their activities.
- To aid in student administration, guidance and academic support services.
- To disseminate research results to the community and other end users.
- Reviewing, evaluating and recommending changes in the academic policies and programmes.
The Division works towards the overall goal of the University of being “A World Class University………………….. Transforming Lives”
For more information
Deputy Vice - Chancellor (Academic, Research, Student affairs),
Tel : 0716962769 /0202319000
Prof Francis Mahooko,
DVC (Academic, Research, Student affairs).