Kitui Town Campus was established in 2009 as the pioneer satellite campus for South Eastern Kenya University(SEKU). The Campus has since grown tremendously and is now housing 160 students under different programs. The plan was to provide an opportunity for those willing to pursue higher educational goals without having to incur large expenditures on the same. The campus is mandated to provide and enhance quality instruction, research and extension in line with the University mission and vision.
The decision of the University Management to establish Satellite Campuses in various areas is aimed at reaching out to the talent all across the County and the greater Ukambani region. It gives people within these areas a break to prove their ability and these efforts have proved to be fruitful. The emerging human resource will competently serve the County, region and the country, effectively.
Education is important in the holistic development of the society. The expansion of education and creation of avenues for both young and old to access higher education is an effort towards achievement of vision 2030.
Location: The satellite campus is situated in the K-Rep building third and fourth floors on Kilungya Street, near Naivas supermarket, Kitui Town.
Upon your arrival at the campus: Please check in at the administration office for registration, information and admission.
Arrival for classes: Students should plan to arrive a few minutes before their units begin while those arriving for their intake should preferably arrive a day in advance to familiarize with the timetables and lecture halls.
Accommodation: We do not have accommodations available through the campus; however the town has vast and varied places to stay for both short visits and long leases.
Communications & Library: The campus has wired and wireless internet access. We also have a running library and computer lab available to the University Community.
School of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences
1. Department of Range and Wildlife Sciences
Master of Science Livestock Production System
2. Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness
Master of Science in Agricultural Resource Management
School of Water Resources Science and Technology
1. Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Water Resources and Waste Water Planning and Management.
School of Environment and Natural Resources Management
1. Master of Science in Environmental Management
2. Certificate in Environmental Impact Assessment & Audit
School of Pure and Applied Sciences
1. Bridging courses
School of Business and Economics
1. Diploma in Business Management
2. Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management
3. Diploma in Public Relations
4. Diploma in Sales and Marketing
5. Bachelor of Commerce
6. Bachelor of Economics
7. Bachelor of Economics and Statistics
8. Bachelor of Procurement and Supply chain Management
9. Master of Business Administration
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
1. Dip. in Social work and Social Development)
2. Bachelor of Arts in Gender and Development
3. Bachelor of Arts , Social Work
School of Information and Communication Technology
1. Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
2. Diploma in Information Technology
School of Education
1. Diploma in ECE
2. Bachelor of Education (Arts)
3. Bachelor of Education (Science)
4. Master of Education
Kitui Town Campus,
South Eastern Kenya University(SEKU),
P.O. BOX 170-90200, Kitui,
Land Line: +254-44-4422699