The following categories of persons are eligible to use the library.
- Registered South Eastern Kenya University(SEKU) students
- South Eastern Kenya University(SEKU) staff
- Council members.
- Borrowing is restricted to registered members only
- Library members are responsible for loss or damage of library materials in their possession (or borrowed under their accounts). They will be required to pay for loss or damage at a cost to be determined.
- Library materials are not to be taken out of the Library unless they are properly issued
- Marking defacing or mutilating of any library material(s) is prohibited
- Most of the books in the library can be borrowed but Reference books, journals etc may only be taken out of the library with authority of the relevant head of section.
- Loaned items may not be transferred from one borrower to another but must be returned to the library for re-issuing
- The University ID must be produced when borrowing and returning Library items.
Registered members can borrow materials as indicated:
- Undergraduates: 4 Books for 2 weeks
- Diploma/Certificate: 3 Books for 2 weeks
- Academic Staff: 5 Books for 1 month
- Non Academic staff : 2 Books for2 weeks Clearance(link)All Registered members of the Library MUST clear with the University Library
- at the expiry of their Membership.
There is a copyright protection law on most of the Library materials. Deliberate infringement on this law e.g. unauthorized copying is a criminal offence. All users of electronic information resources must abide by the terms of the appropriate licenses. However, Permissible copying limits as per Copyright Act may be made for academic purposes. All users of Library materials must observe these limits in library premises or elsewhere.