Our ambition is to be a center of excellence in sustainable regional and national development through the advancement and expansion of opportunities for higher education and research in dry land agriculture, forestry, mining, energy, water and environmental sciences with emphasis on arid and semi-arid lands (ASALs); achieved by way of collaboration, community service, participatory approaches, appropriate technology transfer and innovation.
A globally competitive Centre of Excellence in Teaching, Research Innovation and Service.
To provide quality education through teaching, research, extension, innovation and entrepreneurship with emphasis on dry land agriculture, natural resources and environmental management.
Arid to Green
Our Core Values
In order to achieve the vision and mission, we will be guided by the following core values:
- Professionalism: In all our actions and interactions, we shall maintain ethical behavior, courtesy and professional etiquette.
- Innovation: Innovativeness shall be the hallmark of our business activities through fostering pro-activeness, creativity, and adaptability to change.
- Integrity: We shall be honest, transparent and accountable always.
- Freedom of thought: We shall promote and defend academic freedom.
- Teamwork: We shall maintain a sense of unity and of common interests and responsibilities.
- Respect and conservation of environment: We shall strive to respect and protect the natural and working environment.