The mandate and operations of the corruption prevention committee are;
- Setting priorities in the prevention of corruption within the University.
- Planning and coordinating corruption prevention strategies.
- Integrating all corruption prevention initiatives in the University.
- Receiving and reviewing reports on corruption prevention initiatives and recommending appropriate action.
- Receiving and taking action on corruption reports made by staff and other stakeholders.
- Documentation of referrals to other agencies and availing evidence of concrete measures taken on corruption cases.
- Spearheading anti-corruption campaigns within the University.
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of corruption prevention initiatives.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly progress reports to the Performance Contract Steering Committee.