The Universities Act No. 42 of 2012 was amended and assented to on 23ld December 2016, as the Universities (Amendment) Act No. 48 of 2016.
The Commission for University Education is established by Section 4 of the said Act. Section 6 (1) (f), requires the Chairperson of Councils of Public Universities to nominate one person,to serve as a member of the Commission.
This is a call for persons who meet the relevant criteria outlined below to express interest in serving as a Commissioner of the Commission of University Education for consideration for nomination by the Chairperson of Councils of Public Universities.
Persons interested in the nomination must meet the following minimum requirements;
- Have a Master’s Degree;
- Have at least ten years experience in governance and management of University Education;
- Be a Scholar with experience and in training and research;
- Have Demonstrable capacity for Resource mobilization;
- Have global exposure on University education;
- Be of high moral character and integrity in accordance with Chapter Six of the Constitution and capable of contributing to University education.
In addition, the person should NOT be a current member of any University Governing Council or Management.
The Application should include:
- A cover letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae with three referees
- Copies of testimonials
The applications should be addressed and submitted to the undersigned in a sealed envelope clearly marked “NOMINATION BY CHAIRPERSONS OF COUNCILS OF PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES TO THE COMMISSION FOR UNIVERSITY EDUCATION” not later than 14th March 2017 at 5pm:
“The Chairperson of Council (insert respective University details)
PROF. PAUL KANYARUPhD
Chairperson of Inter-Public Universities Council Consultative Forum (IPUCCF)
14th floor, ICEA Building, Kenyatta Avenue,